ENFIN is a virtual institute, formed to enable systems-level integration of experimental results.
- To develop a shared approach between traditionally dry and traditionally wet researchers in the area of systems-level interpretation of experimental results
- To develop a distributed computational platform this integration and analysis of experimental data
- To directly prove that such an approach has scientific value
- To encourage and participate in the critical assessment of systems-level approaches
- To disseminate knowledge and techniques to other academic researchers worldwide
- To disseminate knowledge and techniques to commercial researchers, in particular European SMEs
- To train young European researchers from a variety of backgrounds in system-level informatics techniques.
All these objectives taken together will enhance both the European Research area and the competiveness of Europe.
There are a number of research groups across Europe who are partners in the ENFIN project.
The infrastructure of the ENFIN project includes the director, Ewna Birney (EMBl-EBI), the project manager Pascal Kahlem (EMBL-EBI), committees, and the EU Workpackages we deal with.
The ENFIN project deals with a number of EU workpackages. Find out more about how they are linked, and see details of individual workpackages.